Making solid beats is 5% inspiration and 95% perspiration. In this Windows and Mac 33 tutorial-video download course you’ll develop a strong foundation in the art and science of building beats in Reason.
Mo Volans is the master of all things Reasons. That’s why all of us at macProVideo.com thought he’d be the perfect trainer to teach you the fundamentals of beat design. He starts at the very beginning with an in-depth section that teaches you the concepts and shows you Reason’s software machines that form the underlying force behind making great beats.
From there you’ll discover the vast collection of sounds and kits included with Reason. This is where you’ll learn how to mix and match a huge arsenal of explosive percussion loops to help you build killer beat tracks. Physical modeling, time-stretching, editing, and mangling is what Mo plays with next. And let's not forget the all-important Rex files that make Reason the world’s premier beat-making machine!
The final section is all about finalizing. Mo takes you on a routing and mixing journey. This is where you’ll learn to harness the power of Reason’s compressors, EQs reverbs, delays and distortion FX to add that professional final sheen and shimmer to your beat-making madness.
If you want to learn everything about beat making — from the very basics to the advanced techniques — join Mo Volans on this 33-video adventure and boost up the energy of your electronic beats!
How Does It Work?
After buying this online course, you will receive your personal AskVideo access code and a URL that takes you directly to the AskVideo site. Just click the link and enter the code to start learning!
Included Tutorial Videos
- Why Choose Reason?
- What We’ll Be Covering Here
- What You’ll Need
- Setting Up Your Keyboard
- Using the Sequencer
- Step Programming With the Redrum
- Triggering Devices With the Redrum
- Introducing the Re-Groove Mixer
- Adding Groove to Step-based Patterns
- Creating Simple Variations and Fills
- Using Factory and Custom Sounds
- Kong’s Analog and Physical Modeling
- A Note on Reason’s Samplers
- Building Your Own Kits
- Using Raw Audio Drum Hits
Time Stretching and Loops
Making Your Own Rex Files
- Introducing Dr.Octorex
- Editing and Mangling in the Octorex
- A Note on Rex Based MIDI Data
- Meet the Reason Console
- The Dynamics and EQ Sections
- Separate Out and Mix Channels
- Routing and Using Sub Mixers
- Headroom and Metering Tips
- Mclass Compressor Basics
- Corrective Compression and Limiting
- EQ and Filtering
- Creating Drum Groups and Busses
- Tape Compression and Saturation
- Using Reverb With Your Drums
- Echo and Delay
- Distortion and Destruction