When it comes to recording and editing vocal performances, Reason gives you limitless possibilities! Come along for the ride as Reason pro Hollin Jones shows you how he creates platinum vocal tracks in this 31 tutorial-video Windows and Mac compatible Reason course.
Great sounding vocal makes a great song even better. They draw in the listener and create an unforgettable emotional experience. But how do you craft that perfect take and find the right emotion and the right energy? Enter Reason expert Hollin Jones who shares his vast Reason experience and reveals some of his best tips and tricks so you, too, can make the most out of your vocal tracks.
First you'll learn how to accurately set up your audio interface to get the best sonics possible before you hit that "Big Red Button" . Hollin also explains how to create a comfortable atmosphere for your singer using Reason's rich reverb and delays while recording. You'll get to hear a take as it's being recorded and see just how magical Clip Safe's healing capabilities are when recording your vocal using the Balance audio interface.
Sometimes the best performance happens over several takes, but not always in one go...so Hollin demonstrates how you can use the best parts of each take and put them together into one killer track! This chock-full-of-tips tutorial also opens up a lot of sonic doors by showing you how to compress, bend and twist your vocal tracks using Reason's unique tools and effects. So go ahead, fire up Reason and let MPV Lead Trainer Hollin Jones teach you how to make your vocals shine and stand out in your mix.
How Does It Work?
After buying this online course, you will receive your personal AskVideo access code and a URL that takes you directly to the AskVideo site. Just click the link and enter the code to start learning!
Included Tutorial Videos
- Introduction to Vocals in Reason
- Setting Audio Preferences
- Recording Levels & Clip Safe
- Recording Using Insert Effects
- An Example of Recording Too Loud
- An Example of a Clean Vocal Take
- Understanding Audio Clip Envelopes
- Clip Editing in Song View
- Audio Editing in Edit View
- Compositing Vocals - Part 1
- Compositing Vocals - Part 2
- Importing Loops & Timestretching
- The Insert Effects System
- Using Compression on Vocals
Insert Effect Chain Presets
Adding Space With Reverb
- Echo and Delay on Vocals
- Understanding EQ
- Distortion on Vocals
- The Pulveriser
- Trance Vocal FX with Alligator
- Double-tracking Vocals
- Pitch Shifting & Harmonies
- Sampling Audio
- Arranging and Mixing Vocal Tracks
- Neptune Pitch Adjuster Basics
- Transposing Audio in Realtime
- MIDI and Voice Synthesis
- Vocoding in Reason - Part 1
- Vocoding in Reason - Part 2