Lightning strikes as G.W. Childs explores the vast depths of all the controls in Reason’s classic Master of All Synths: Thor, in this Windows and Mac compatible, 42 tutorial-video course.
Thor is the biggest, baddest synth in the Reason rack, and Thor’s sonic secrets are unveiled for the first time anywhere by veteran Thor sound designer G.W. Childs.
While Thor is an extremely advanced digital synthesizer, it is built looking back at basic analog synthesizer modules. G.W. takes you through Thor’s complex kingdom, knob by knob, diving beneath the GUI to uncover the sonic mysteries of this divine virtual synth.
If you're new to sound design, this couldn't be a better time to learn : as G.W. explores the mysteries of Thor you'll learn important sound design principles and see how synthesizer modules work together to create sound.
If you’re an experienced synthesist this tutorial will inspire you to dig deeper into the depths of this deep synth. So Join G.W. on an aural journey into the kingdom of the mythological Master of All Synths: Thor! This course, originally created in a previous version, is forward-compatible with Reason 7 and beyond.
How Does It Work?
After buying this online course, you will receive your personal AskVideo access code and a URL that takes you directly to the AskVideo site. Just click the link and enter the code to start learning!
Included Tutorial Videos
- Introduction of Thor
- Modular Synthesis Concept
- Opening Thor
- Loading a patch
- Thor’s Unique Polyphony Settings
- Keyboard Modes
- Rotaries and Buttons
- Sound Design - Quick Bass Patch
- Explanation of Oscillators in Synthesis
- Changing Oscillators In Thor
- Analog Oscillator
- Wavetable Oscillator
- Phase Modulation Oscillator
- FM Pair Oscillator
- Multi Oscillator
- Noise Oscillator
- Modulation Capabilities between Oscillators
- Routing Secondary and Third Oscillators
- Sound Design: Basic Multi-Oscillator Patch
- Explanation of Filters within Synthesis
Filter Slots and their Strategies
Low Pass Oscillator
- State Variable Filter
- Comb Filter
- Formant Filter
- Filter Drive
- The Shaper
- Sound Design Exercise: Filter Kick
- Introduction to LFOs
- Thor’s Unique LFOs
- Introduction to the Modulation Matrix
- Envelopes can be LFOs Too - Global Envelope
- Assignable Inputs and Outputs
- Sound Design- Thor Effect Combinator
- Introduction of Thor’s Sequencer
- More than Just a Melodic Source
- Sequencer Modes
- Sound Design - Thor as Arp Like Device
- Assignable Modulation Outputs in Thor and Sequencer...