- • One Finger Chorder
ChordSet is a utility device which allows to program, store and play “one-finger” chords. Connect it to your favorite sound modules (synths, samplers, etc.) via the Note and Gate CV outputs, and play complex, luscious chords with a single key press.
When programming chords, the device offers total flexibility: just select a root note, and then use the shift knobs to start stacking additional notes. For each instance of ChordSet, you can program a total of 12 chords of up to 7 notes each.
Once you have several chords which form a nice progression, you can store them in a patch for later use. And thanks to the “Global Transpose” knob, it is easy to tune the entire chord set to the key of a new project.
In addition to the chord CV outs, the device also has separate outs for the root note and each shift note. This makes it possible to create advanced setups for harmonic and melodic experimentation.
The factory patches are sure to inspire with a collection of chords for different styles of music.
ChordSet is the fast, easy and fun way to create nice sounding chords and chord progressions in the rack!
New in version 1.7.1:
- optimizations to the “Learn from MIDI” routine. With “Learn from MIDI” enabled, you can practice different chords and the last one played is stored in memory for the selected slot.
New in version 1.7.0:
- many workflow improvements, including single click access to the edit menu, one-step copy and paste from one slot to another, more chord presets now better organized in sub-menus, the shift note displays show both semitones and actual note names, quick shortcuts to changing slots and learning chords from MIDI
- new Link CV output which allows to link chords to custom scales in the NoteSet Player
- expanded factory patches with Pop and Jazz chord progressions
New in version 1.6.0:
- shift + click in the slot display to open “Quick Edit” mode with faster access to selecting chord presets and inversions
- mark chord slots as favorites to exclude them from randomization
- automatic labeling when creating a chord from a preset
New in version 1.5.5:
- added random chord generator with the following options:
- Randomize slot (keep root): creates random chord notes for the selected slot but keeps the root note unchanged
- Randomize slot: creates a random chord for the selected slot
- Randomize slots (keep roots): creates random chord notes for all the slots but keeps the root notes unchanged
- Randomize slots: creates random chords for all the slots
- larger diplay now shows which chord slot is being triggered
New in version 1.5:
- copy and paste chords from one slot to another, reset chord slots to default values
- use built-in presets for the most common chord types to create chords faster
- change the voicing of an existing chord by using the variation engines, especially useful for inversions
- learn chords using input from a connected MIDI keyboard or from a MIDI clip in the sequencer
- humanize playing mode to make chords sound more natural
- strumming playing mode with 4 settings for different strumming styles