New: Buy now. Pay later with Klarna Learn more
Please note that you need the Oberon Synthesizer Rack Extension to be able to use this ReFill.
Zvork's Oberon is one of the most forward-thinking synthesizers available for the Reason rack. It's conception of additive synthesis is unique in that it straddles the boundary between harmony and dissonance, and allows the user to navigate freely between sonic order and chaos with only a few key controls. A simple turn of the knob may send you flying from the safe and sane musical universe you know straight into the gaping maws of Tiamat, and get you back again before the wretched beast can even start salivating! Indeed, equipped with this synth, one does just walk into Mordor - and out again, without so much as taking an arrow to the knee.
Now, easy as though this synthesizer may make it, many would deem it ill-advised to so freely invite the forces of entropy into any musical endeavour of repute. But because we're all life-long Cthulhu worshippers at Quixotic Sound Design anyway, we thought we'd give it a shot, and we've come up with a collection of patches which will awaken your musical imagination, even as it gleefully gnaws at your sanity...
- A veritable Necronomicon of noise, with over 300 device patches, including polysynths, monosynths, percussive sounds, FX, pads, plucks and sequenced sounds
as usual, the focus is on polysynths, divided into 4 categories:
- Orkestrial: a variety of sounds that balance between orchestral and metallic timbres, a style unique to Oberon
- Mellow & Atmospheric: tranquil sounds for dreaming in r'lyeh.
- EDM keys: traditional and contemporary synth key sounds
- Abstract and Miscellanous: experimental timbres and bizarre modulations
special attention has been paid to velocity sensitivity, for expressive and nuanced playing
- Refill also includes several custom made wavetables.