The current Rob Papen collection holds synthesizers that contain many features and types of synthesis which sometimes can be daunting to the average user.
But there is always something tempting and fun in something that is so simple!
Look at the 1980s, in which we had top synthesizers like the Roland Jupiter-8, but also at the other end of the spectrum the simpler but fantastic synths like the SH-101. And yes, both became classic synthesizers.
Compare it also whilst making music, very often less is more and this is also can be applied whilst using synthesizers. Sure, with a heavily featured synthesizer, you can also be less complex in a patch. But this often still takes more time to achieve.
So, say hello to Go2-RE!
And yes, Go2-RE has almost all of the controls visual at the same time but still has some unique features and sound for sure… which makes sure that it will boldly go to where no other synth in this category went before…
Presets / Folder & Global Section:
Over 1000 Presets sorted in Folders
The heart of Go2 is the morph oscillator, this oscillator allows you to morph (using Go2’s various morph modes) between two different waveforms.
- First and Seconds Waveforms (Wave-A and Wave-B)
- Oscillator Morph Mode. The Morph Mode menu determines how the oscillator combines the two waves First Wave and Second Wave. The modes are Mix, Morph, Ring, FM, Inter, and Range.
-Spread (creates a stacked 2 oscillator sound)
- Sub. The sub-oscillator knob lets you select two different waveforms being sinus or square.
- Sym (Sym controls the symmetry of the oscillator waveform)
- SMOD (Symmetry Modulation) Amount
- Symmetry modulation controls how much the symmetry position changes over time.
- SMOD (Symmetry Modulation) SpeedSmod Speed sets the frequency of the LFO that changes the symmetry position.
The XY pad is a combination of a live, interactive control and also an automated programmable modulation source
- Edit (While in Edit mode, you can move the path’s points around and thus edit the XY Path manually).
- Play Speed (The Play Speed control alters the playback speed of the recorded XY Path)
Modes: Poly, Free or Mono
- Loop modes: off, loop or bidirectional loop
- Sync To (Tempo sync the XY movement)
- Points (from 2 points up to 64 points)
- Space Quantize (Space Quantize restricts the points in the current path to a set of grid lines)
- Time Quantize (Time Quantize sets the update frequency of the XY position)
- Draw Osc (the XY screen also shows the current oscillator output if you like)
- Commands (XY Menu with the many additional options like preset path).
Analog modeled filter.
- Cutoff Frequency
- Q (Resonance)
- Filter Types: 12dB LowPass, 12dB BandPass, 12db Notch, 24dB LowPass I, 24dB LowPass II, 24dB BandPass, 24dB Notch, and Comb.
- Cutoff Frequency Modulation: Velocity (Vel), Key Track, Modulation Wheel, Envelope (Env)
- Filter Envelope with Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release, and reverse control.
Additional Filter behind the main filter.
- On/Off function,
- keyboard tracking On/off,
- Q (Resonance) On/Off and amount control
- Cutoff Frequency.
The final volume control in Go2 with distortion on voice level.
- Volume control
- Velocity (Vel > Vol)
- Volume Envelope with Attack, Decay, Sustain, and Release. (Graphic mode or dial mode option selectable in the Play mode section)
Play Mode Section
Arranges how Go2 plays its synthesized engine and additional features and settings can be found in this section.
- Play Modes: Poly (16voice), Mono, Legato and Arpeggiator
- Portamento with: Speed control, Rate or Time Mode, Held Rate or Held Time mode
- Port Amount
- Unison and chords
In Unison mode, Go2 plays up-to 4 unison voices, for each note played. This works at an oscillator/filter level, so you can still play up-to 16 voices in poly mode.
- Unison modes and chords:
Major to Diminished 7th chord (3voice and 4 voice)
- Unison Detune Amount
- Unison Stereo Spread
- Pitch Bend Up / Down (The unit used is semi-tones)
- Drift On/Off When this is on the oscillator has ‘analog drift’ i.e. it has a very slight & slow drifting of tuning over time.
- Exp Env (Selects if the envelopes decay/release stages are linear or have an exponential characteristic).
Go2 offers a classic style Arpeggiator with some unique features, like sequencer mode and unison/chord control per step.
The Arpeggiator has up to 16 steps. Per step you can set the following values:
- Step On/Off
- Tie (Tie note)
- Steps (amount of Steps 1-16)
- Speed (for example 2 x tempo or ¼ x tempo)
- Arp Modes:
Up, Down, Up/Down, Random, Ordered, Rev. Ordered, Ordered Up/Down, Ordered Down/Up, Chord, Sequencer, Sequencer Reset
- Tie modes: Normal, Special, Toggle 1, toggle 2
- Lock Mode option
- Slide amount
- Vel / Key (Responds to the velocity setting of the step or the keyboard input)
- Host Sync
- Key Entry
- Arpeggiator Command Menu
Free LFO Section
Go2 has a Free LFO that generates modulation signals to be used sources in a modulation path.
- Waveform types: The available waveforms are Sine, Triangle, Saw Up, Saw Down, Square, S&H.
- Except for the S&H waveform, the waveforms are available in different start phases being 0 (normal), 90, 180, and 270 degrees.
- Sync (Tempo Sync option)
- Modes: Poly, Free, Mono
Free Envelope Section
- Envelope with Attack, Decay, Sustain, Sustain-Fade, and Release
- Option to temp sync.
Modulation Matrix Section
- The 8-way modulation matrix allows you to dynamically alter Go2’s parameters. using both internal modules such as envelopes and LFOs, and external MIDI Controllers such as Pitch Bend,
- Aftertouch and other control messages defined in the MIDI-standard.
Go2 has 3 fx units in serial mode
- Flanger or Phaser
- Stereo Delay or Reverb
- Bypass all
A click on the computer keyboard TAB will display the back panel. The back panel contains several CV and GATE controls and audio input.
Fixed issue with CV input causing crash
Added new presets
20 Teksonik 01
Added new preset
20 App Sound Phrase 01
New range of presets added.
02 Synth 01 | 10 new
03 JoMal 01 | 32 new
03 JoMal 02 18 new
05 Pads 01 | 30 new
06 Basses 01 | 15 new
08 EDM & House 01 | 45 new
09 Drums & Percussion 01 | 6 new
10 SFX 01 | 20 new
20 JX3D Bank 01 | 32 new
20 Vi Ta Lee 01 | 50 new
To locate the new presets in the existing banks download these images:
Fixed problem with mod 4 bypass/source/destination remote
Fixed problem with portamento in the held mode
Improved XY automation