Bassline Generator does exactly what it says: generate basslines. However, the power of this Player lies in just how well it actually does that. Reason Studios analyzed hundreds of real-world basslines to reverse engineer how they work so well and how they can work for your next track — so you don’t have to. Dial in independent patterns for both on-beat notes and off-beat syncopations to create pounding basslines, funky basslines, laid-back basslines and everything in between.
Or just hit Randomize and see where it takes you.
Easily create pattern variation and dive into the note display to customize the generated basslines to your own exacting desire. If you’ve ever struggled to come up with a good bassline for your song, your struggle is over. Reach for Bassline Generator when you need low-end inspiration for anything from Techno to House to Neo Soul to Hip Hop, and anything else you could think of.
It’s the perfect starting point for new tracks and a natural partner to the other Players in Reason for inspiring new ideas faster than ever.
- Create basslines by mixing, matching, and modulating built-in patterns
- Edit and tweak the results in the note display
- Randomize function for fresh, unexpected results
- Trigger and transpose basslines from your MIDI keyboard
- Eight pattern memories for variations
- CV inputs and outputs connect to other devices in the Reason Rack
- 200+ patches included
New in 1.1.0
- 60+ new device patches and Combinator patches
- 64 new source basslines in a new Bank B
- Select between Bank A or B independently for the on-beat and off-beat notes
- You can now Shift the timing of the bassline +/- 32 steps
- 12 new variator shapes for, you guessed it, more variation
- Transposing a tied note now transposes all notes tied to it
- Added a pitch line in the note display to help visualize the pitch
- Added a CV input for transposing the bassline
- Added a CV input for shifting the bassline
- Hold [Shift] when dragging horizontally in the note display to restrict the pitch
- Hold [Shift] for greater precision when selecting source phrases in the diamond display
New in 1.0.4
- Fixed a bug where loading a patch in 3/16 would play back in 1/16
New in 1.0.3
- Fixed a bug when automating Pattern Select in Reason Rack Plugin, the playback could get out of sync with the host song position.
- Fixed a bug where random CV Out wouldn’t repeat properly if there were more than one BLG instance in the rack.