The ES01 is a faithful recreation of a beloved analog classic. While the hardware which the ES01 is based on was originally marketed as an entry-level synth, it is still a popular tool of many professional artists for its ease of use in getting great sounds, particularly leads and bass lines.
The ES01 is not a 1:1 emulation - it also has additional features like Sub Oscillator, Unison and last but not least, Polyphony. The Touch Data Programmer with its Global Settings and modulation matrix together with the CV connectivity of the Reason Rack gives ES01 massive tweaking possibilities far beyond the functionality of the original. This all makes the ES01 unique and quite capable of producing many classic analog synth sounds like fat basses, vibrant pads, synthetic arpeggios and leads that cut through the mix.
For the purists; just click "reset device", leave the Touch Data Programmer and LFO wave selector unchanged and there's your 1:1 emulation. If you want
Ekssperience the sound of the past with the possibilities of the future with the ES01 Analog Synthesizer.
- VCO with 5 waveforms including triangle, sawtooth, square, rectangle, and PWM
- Feet Selector from 32′ to 4′ with “WN” (white noise) setting
- Sub Oscillator with selectable waveforms (-1 or -2 octaves) including noise
- VCO/Sub Oscillator mixer
- VCF with default 12 dB/octave filter and option for 24 dB/octave slope
- LFO with 5 waveforms including sine, triangle, saw, square and random
- Glissando with options for “stepped” or “smooth” transitions between notes
- ADSR Envelope Generator
- Prerouted Breath Control
- Touch Data Programmer with 16 slot modulation matrix (divided into two pages)
- Wide sounding unison
- Polyphony (16 voices, 8 voices with unison engaged)
- Analog Drift and Noise settings on the back panel
- Pitch Bend range of +/-24
- Optional extended ranges for VCF, LFO, PWM Speed and Mod Wheel
- Tempo Sync options for LFO and PWM
- CV Inputs: Gate, Note, Mod Wheel, Pitch Bend, BC, 4 assignable
- CV Outputs: LFO, 4 assignable
- Over 300 presets!
- Added Pulse Width target in mod matrix for VCO and sub oscillator
- Added Rectangular and PWM waveforms to the sub oscillator
- Added feet and pitch offset mod targets for the sub oscillator
- Extended sub oscillator frequency range down to 8Hz
- Added additional White Noise Generator available through the mixer
- Added VCF Lag trimmer to backside
- Fixed sub oscillator phase to match VCO cycles for consistent timbres
- EG times can now be modulated below their original range using negative values in the mod matrix
- New Default Patch
- Added over 100 new patches incorporating the new possibilities of 1.1