Check the document "Upgrade Information" to see if you're eligible for an upgrade from the original Forgotten Wave Shaper.
New in v1.1
- Attack and release curves are now adjustable (see video "v1.1 | What's new" for a demo)
- A few bug fixes. One, in particular, could slightly change the sound of created patches but it can be adjusted to sound the same as in v1.0. Check the "Changelog" section at the end of the manual for more information.
Enter a new era of distortion
If you've ever wished that you had full control over distortion you don't need to think twice. The Forgotten Waveshaper 2 features 8 (yes 8!) distortion modules custom designed by you or chosen from one of the presets. Each one of them is incredibly powerful with not only very fine control over the distortion shape itself but also modulation capabilities and innovative features not found on any other device.
Not only a distortion device
The new dynamics section with its deep control not only lets you create responsive and flexible distortion but also custom compressors and limiters with unusual shapes and sound signatures. Want to know what that sounds like? Check out the showcase on custom compressors.
Multiband like it should be
When it comes to multiband capabilities the Forgotten Waveshaper 2 also goes two steps further. You get to use two distortion algorithms per frequency band for either more flexibility and modulation control or more extreme crunch and grit.
Built for automation
With regard to automation, the Forgotten Waveshaper 2 goes all-in. You see a parameter? You bet it's automatable. In addition, there are specific controls to change the distortion's characteristics with automation which would otherwise not be possible.
New stereo distortion concept
While most devices stop at just distorting the left and right channel separately the Forgotten Waveshaper 2 absolutely does not. Have you ever wondered what it would sound like if you could pan the distortion? Wonder no more but try it out. How about mid/side distortion? It's got you covered. Not only that, you even get to choose per frequency band if you want mid/side distortion.
- 8 super-flexible distortion modules
- 4 frequency bands with up to 2 distortion modules each
- Asymmetric and symmetric distortion for odd-order or all-order harmonics
- Infinite number of points for detailed and flexible distortion
- Pool of different curve types for custom emulations of hardware distortion
- In-depth modulation algorithms
- Options for novel distortion techniques (i.e. "infinity wave shaping")
- Built-in envelope follower for dynamically reacting distortion and much more (with available sidechain inputs)
- Innovative panorama and mid/side controls for previously unheard stereo effects
- Extensive gain stages for accurate and consistent loudness matching