Terms of Service
Version dated: 21 August 2019
These terms of service (“Terms of Service”) constitutes a legal agreement between you and Reason Studios Aktiebolag, Hornsbruksgatan 23, SE-117 34 Stockholm, Sweden (“Reason Studios”) and govern your use of the service described under section 1.1. Please read this agreement carefully.
1.1 Reason Studios is the provider of a marketplace (the “Marketplace”) that allows you to purchase, rent-to-own, subscribe to, download, view or use music hardware and software and ancillary products or services (collectively, the “Products”) for end user use under the terms and conditions set forth in these Terms of Service. Reason Studios's standard end user license agreement applies for licensing of Reason Studios´s software Products. Separate terms and conditions may apply with respect to hardware and use of Products other than through purchase/licensing. Products are provided by Reason Studios, but some Products may be the subject to additional third-party terms and conditions in accordance with section 6.Some Products may allow you to create, edit, upload, download, and use content via third-party services. In order to use such third-party service, you may be required to read and accept the terms and conditions pertaining to such third-party service. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Marketplace. The service enabling your use of the Marketplace is referred to as the “Service”.
1.2 To use the Service you must first agree to these Terms of Service. If you do not accept these terms, you are not entitled to use the Service. You accept the Terms of Service (including any end user licenses and third-party licenses referred to in the Terms of Service) by either creating a user account or otherwise clicking to agree or accept where these options are presented. You agree to comply with the Terms of Service and any applicable law, regulations or policies in the relevant jurisdiction.
1.3 Reason Studios may modify these Terms of Service by posting new or additional terms. Such modifications and additional terms will be incorporated into the agreement between you and Reason Studios. If you do not agree to the changes, you must notify Reason Studios and cease your use of the Service and any Product and content obtained through the Service. Your continued use of the Service is your acceptance of the changed Terms of Service.
1.4 You must be 16 years of age or older to subscribe and to use the Services. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 16, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to use the Services. While individuals under the age of 16 may utilise the Service, they may do so only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
2. USE OF THE SERVICE
2.1 Products provided through the Service are licensed (or otherwise provided for your use) and not sold to you (save for hardware, accessories etc.). Reason Studios reserves all other rights not expressly granted in the Terms of Service.
2.2 In order to access certain features or services provided through the Service, you may be required to provide information about yourself; such as your name, address, age and billing details. You agree that any such information you provide to Reason Studios will always be accurate, complete and current at all times. Certain features or services may also require you to open a user account. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information you hold for your account, including your password. You agree to notify Reason Studios immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password.
2.4 You agree that you will not (i) engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Service (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Service), (ii) use the Service to transfer or upload Content or other material that contains viruses, corrupted data, malicious software or programs that may harm computers or other property or (iii) use any of the Products or Content in a way that interferes or disrupts any servers, networks, or websites operated by Reason Studios or any third-party or (iv) in any other manner misuse the Service or use the Service other than for the intended purpose.
2.5 You are responsible for backing up your own system, including any Products and content obtained through the Service.
2.6 You agree that Reason Studios and/or third parties own all rights to the Service and the Products available through the Service, including without limitation all applicable intellectual property rights. Intellectual property rights include, without limitation, copyright, trademark rights, patent rights, design rights, trade secrets, know-how and any and all other proprietary rights worldwide.
2.7 You agree that you will not (i) copy, sell, license, transfer, modify, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Marketplace or the Products, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, (ii) take any action to circumvent or defeat the security or content usage rules provided, deployed or enforced by any functionality (for example digital rights management or forward-lock functionality) in the Service or the Products, (iii) use the Products to access, copy, transfer, transcode or retransmit content in violation of any law or third-party rights, or (iv) remove, obscure, or alter Reason Studios’s or any third-party's copyright notices, trademarks, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within the Service or the Products.
3. RULES OF CONDUCT AND CONTENT
Please be nice and thoughtful of others.
We want to keep everything running smoothly and be welcoming for everyone.
3.1 You agree that you will not use the Service to defame, harass, discriminate or threaten another person/company or in any other way violate rights. To the extent that the Service or a Product allows you to upload content (“Content”) the following applies. You agree to and warrant that the Content is created, owned or duly licensed by you. You may not upload Content that contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have the permission from the rightful owner of the material. You may not upload Content or other material which promotes illegal activity, is racially or ethnically offensive, constitutes defamation or is otherwise discriminating or offensive in any other way.
3.2 Reason Studios reserves the right to immediately, without prior notice to you, remove any Content or other material from the Service that Reason Studios, in its sole discretion, deems to be in breach of these Terms of Service or any other terms or conditions posted on the Service or otherwise deems to constitute a misuse or a use of the Service for other than the intended purpose. Reason Studios reserves the right to terminate a user’s account if you take any action that Reason Studios determines is harmful to the Service or the use of the Service by others or is in violation of applicable law or these Terms of Service.
4. COPYRIGHT POLICY
4.1 Reason Studios respect the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Service to do the same. Reason Studios will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that are properly provided.
4.2 If you believe or suspect that Content on the Service or used in connection with a Product is in breach of the Terms of Service or is used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: (i) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (iii) identification of the Content that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed (information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material); (iv) your contact information, such as your address, telephone number, and an email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
4.3 For notice of alleged copyright infringement appearing on the Service, contact us at https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/requests/new.
5. PROVISION OF THE SERVICE AND PRODUCTS
5.1 Reason Studios reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Service (or any part of features thereof), at any time without prior notice to you. Reason Studios is not liable to you or any third-party should it exercise such rights.
5.2 Reason Studios may make available to you various payment processing methods to enable or facilitate the purchase, licensing or other use of Products from the Service. You agree to abide by any relevant terms of service or other legal agreement, whether with Reason Studios or a third-party, that governs your use of the given payment processing method. Any billing statement in relation to a purchase through the Service will be provided through your user account or by e-mail. For certain Products subscription or rent-to-own may be available to you as an alternative to purchase/licensing of Products: additional information, prerequisites and applicable terms are set out on the Reason Studios web/Marketplace.
5.3 Save as provided in section 5.4, all sales, licensing, rent-to-own and subscriptions are final and nonrefundable unless otherwise provided by mandatory law or expressly stated by Reason Studios. Unless otherwise expressly stated by Reason Studios, prices for Products offered through the Service may change at any time. Reason Studios do not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price reduction or a promotional offering.
5.4 With exception to the sales and supply of sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software which were unsealed after delivery as well as digital content which is not supplied on a tangible medium, consumers in a member state of the European Union may be entitled to a right of withdrawal (Sw: 'ångerrätt'). For further information, please see the Information concerning the exercise of the right of withdrawal, which forms an integrated part of these Terms of Service.
5.5 You agree to comply with any and all applicable tax laws; including the reporting and payment of any additional taxes arising in connection with your use of the Service or the purchase or utilisation of Products through the Service, and that the reporting and payment of any such applicable taxes are your responsibility.
5.6 From time to time, Reason Studios may discover that a Product provided through the Service violates the agreement between Reason Studios and the developer of a Product or other legal agreements, laws or policies. Reason Studios reserves the right to immediately remove that Product from the Service without any prior notice to you.
6. THIRD PARTY TERMS
6.1 Certain Products, or parts thereof, available through the Service are developed and/or provided by third parties and contain third-party terms and conditions that govern use of such Products (“Third-party Terms”). For Rack Extension Products, such Third-party Terms can be found here: reasonstudios.com/agreements#third-party-product-eula. Any dealings between you and such third-party are solely between you and the third-party. Reason Studios is not responsible or liable for any aspects of such dealings. The terms in these Terms of Service limiting Reason Studios’s liability also apply to your use of the third-party Products to the extent that such terms are not covered by the Third-party Terms.
7. AUTOMATIC UPDATES
7.1 Products provided through the Service may communicate with Reason Studios’s servers, or a third-party’s server, from time to time, to check for available updates to the Products, such as bug fixes, patches, enhanced functions and new versions. By installing the Products, you agree to such automatically requested and received updates.
8. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS
8.1 Products provided through the Service may be subject to laws or regulations relating to the control of imports and exports of the Products. You agree to comply with all such applicable laws and you shall not export or re-export directly or indirectly any part of the Products to any such country without first obtaining permission from the relevant authority.
9.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Reason Studios, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) arising out of or accruing from your use of the Service, including your downloading, uploading, installation, or use of any Products or Content, or your violation of these Terms of Service.
10.1 These Terms of Service will continue to apply until terminated by you or Reason Studios. Please note that a license to Content that you have uploaded cannot be terminated with retroactive effect and that your license still applies to use of Content uploaded before such termination.
10.2 If you want to terminate these Terms of Service, you may do so by notifying Reason Studios and ceasing your use of the Service and any Product (other than hardware and tangible items) and content obtained (if any) through the Service.
10.3 Reason Studios may at any time terminate these Terms of Service with you if (i) you have breached any provision of these Terms of Service; (ii) if Reason Studios is required to do so by law; or (iii) if Reason Studios decides to no longer provide the Service.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
11.1 YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND ANY PRODUCTS OR CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE AS WELL AS THE SERVICE ITSELF, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS THAT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CANNOT CHANGE.
11.2 YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND ANY PRODUCTS OR CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH USE.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
12.1 SUBJECT ALWAYS TO SECTION 12.2, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT REASON STUDIOS AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, LOSS OF INCOME, BUSINESS OR PROFITS THAT MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR ANY PRODUCTS OR CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY LOSS OF DATA. IN ANY EVENT, REASON STUDIOS ́S LIABILITY SHALL NEVER EXCEED ONEHUNDRED (100) EUR.
12.2 Nothing in the Terms of Service will affect the statutory rights of any consumer nor exclude the liability of Reason Studios, its subsidiaries or affiliates for: (i) death and personal injury caused by negligence; (ii) fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any other liability which cannot be limited by applicable law.
13.1 Reason Studios may assign, transfer, sell or otherwise dispose its rights and obligations under these Terms of Service, in whole or part, at any time without notice to you. You may not assign this agreement or any part of it.
13.2 Reason Studios may notify you with respect to the Service by sending an e-mail message to the e-mail address provided by you or by a posting on the Service. Notices shall become effective immediately.
13.3 These Terms of Service and the use of the Service are governed by Swedish law.
13.4 By creating a user account and/or purchasing, licensing, subscribing to, renting-to-own or otherwise obtain any of the Products (including Rack Extension subscriptions), you demonstrate that you hereby accept and acknowledge that you are obliged to follow the terms of these Terms of Service. Furthermore, you also acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to all of the terms, conditions, obligations and limitations of these Terms of Service (including, but not limited, any and all of Reason Studios’s policies, standards, instructions and guidelines, from time to time).
The Service is provided by Reason Studios AB (Reg. No.: 556546-2206),
SE-117 34 Stockholm,
Version dated: 2019-08-21
End User License Agreement
Version dated: 21 August 2019
This Reason Studios´s End User License Agreement accompanies a Reason Studios software product and related explanatory materials (collectively, the “Software”). The term “Software” shall also include any upgrades, modified versions or updates of the Software licensed to you by Reason Studios. This copy of the Software is licensed to you as the end user. Please read this agreement carefully.
Reason Studios grants to you a non-exclusive license to use the Software, provided that you agree to the following:
1. Use of the Software
a. Unless otherwise specified, this license is your personal license and the Software may only be used by you and your right to use the Software is unlimited in time (subject to applicable terms and conditions and to timely payment by you of applicable fees and instalments). However, in the event that you have chosen to subscribe to or rent-to-own the Software (if such alternatives are available), the following applies: A) subscription: your right to use the Software is limited in time for the applicable subscription period; B) rent-to-own: your right to use the Software is limited in time for such period during which you make timely instalments (when full payment has been made, your right will be unlimited in time). You must cease to use the Software upon termination of subscription/this License.
b. If the license is a multi-license, the Software may only be used by the company, institution or organization to which it is registered.
c. At any given time, you may only use the Software on as many computers as your license permits. Unless specifically specified, licenses are single user licenses and may only be used on one computer at a time.
d. The sound samples and musical examples that may be connected to the Software may NOT be reformatted, mixed, filtered, re-synthesized, or otherwise edited or altered for use in any kind of commercial sampling product/package or software - this is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of Reason Studios.
e. The musical examples that may be connected to the Software may NOT be used in any commercial music production - this is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of Reason Studios.
2. Copyright. The Software is owned by Reason Studios and/or its suppliers, and its structure, organization and code are the valuable trade secrets of Reason Studios and its suppliers. The Software is also protected by International Copyright Law and International Treaty provisions. You agree not to modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Software. You may use trademarks only to identify output produced by the Software, in accordance with accepted trademark practice, including identification of trademark owner's name. Such use of any trademark does not give you any rights of ownership in that trademark. Except as stated above, this license does not grant you any intellectual property rights in the Software.
3. Transfer. You may not rent, lease, or sublicense the Software. You may, however, transfer all your rights to use the Software to another person or entity, provided that you transfer this agreement with the Software.
4. No warranty. The Software is being delivered to you AS IS and Reason Studios makes no warranty other than that the Software shall conform to the specifications in the documentation during a warranty period of twelve months from delivery. Reason Studios will only remedy deviations from the specification providing that the deviation substantially affects your use of the Software. Reason Studios may under such circumstances choose to replace your copy of the Software with a new one.
5. Limited warranty; Ignition Key. The Software has been delivered to you with a USB key (“Ignition Key”). Reason Studios warrants that the Ignition Key will be in conformity with the product documentation during a warranty period of twelve months from delivery. Reason Studios undertakes, at its sole discretion, to repair or replace the Ignition Key free of charge if the Ignition Key fails to conform with the product documentation due to any manufacturing defects.
APART FROM ABOVE REASON STUDIOS AND ITS SUPPLIERS DO NOT AND CANNOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION. REASON STUDIOS AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL REASON STUDIOS OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF A REASON STUDIOS REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD-PARTY.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or special damages, or the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
6. This contract shall be exclusively subject to the laws of Sweden. Place of jurisdiction is location of the national sales company or agent. Reason Studios can also, however, at its free discretion, open proceedings at the registered address of the licensee.
This license shall automatically terminate upon failure by you to comply with its terms.
This license may only be modified in writing signed by an authorized officer of Reason Studios.
Reason Studios and Reason are trademarks which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.
You have accepted the terms set out in this license upon purchase/licensing and/or when the Software was made available to you.
If you should have any queries concerning this license or wish to speak to Reason Studios about any matter, please contact the following address in writing:
Reason Studios Aktiebolag,
SE-117 34 Stockholm,
Third Party Product End User License Agreement
Last updated: 21 August 2019
This Rack Extension Product End User License Agreement (“License”) governs your use of a Rack Extension Product and related explanatory materials (collectively, the ”RE Product”). The term ”RE Product” shall also include any upgrades, modified versions or updates of the RE Product. The RE Product is licensed by the Developer of such RE Product (“the Developer”) to you as end user.
The Developer grants to you a non-exclusive license to use the RE Product, provided that you agree to the following:
1. Use of the RE Product
a. Unless otherwise specified, this License is your personal license; the RE Product may only be used by you and your right to use the RE Product is unlimited in time (subject to applicable terms and conditions and to timely payment by you of applicable fees and instalments). However, in the event that you have chosen to subscribe to or rent-to-own the RE Product (where such alternatives are available), the following applies: A) subscription: your right to use the RE Product is limited in time for the applicable subscription period; B) rent-to-own: your right to use the RE Product is limited in time for such period during which you make timely instalments (when full payment has been made, your right will be unlimited in time). You must cease to use the RE Product upon termination of subscription/this License.
b. If the License is a multi-license, the RE Product may only be used by the company, institution or organization to which it is registered.
c. At any given time, you may only use the RE Product on as many computers as your license permits. Unless specifically specified, the License is a single user license and may only be used on one computer at a time.
d. Sound samples and musical examples that may be connected to the RE Product may NOT be reformatted, mixed, filtered, re-synthesized, or otherwise edited or altered for use in any kind of commercial sampling product/package or software - this is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the Developer.
e. Musical examples that may be connected to the RE Product may NOT be used in any commercial music production - this is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the Developer.
2. Copyright. The RE Product is owned by the Developer and/or its suppliers/licensors, and its structure, organization and code are the valuable trade secrets of the Developer and/or its suppliers/licensors. The RE Product is also protected by International Copyright Law and International Treaty provisions. You agree not to modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the RE Product. You may use trademarks only to identify output produced by the RE Product, in accordance with accepted trademark practice, including identification of trademark owner's name. Such use of any trademark does not give you any rights of ownership in that trademark. Except as stated above, this License does not grant you any intellectual property rights in the RE Product.
3. No transfer. You may not transfer, rent, lease, or sublicense the RE Product (other than to the extent that such right is expressly granted under applicable mandatory law).
4. No warranty. The RE Product is being delivered to you AS IS and the Developer makes no warranty other than as expressly stated. In the event the RE Product is nonfunctional your sole remedy, and Developer ́s sole liability, shall be replacement of the RE Product.
APART FROM ABOVE THE DEVELOPER AND ITS SUPPLIERS/LICENSORS DO NOT AND CANNOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE RE PRODUCT OR DOCUMENTATION. THE DEVELOPER AND ITS SUPPLIERS/LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE DEVELOPER OR ITS SUPPLIERS/LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF A REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE DEVELOPER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD-PARTY.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or special damages, or the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, so the above limitations may not apply to you
5. This License shall be governed by the laws of Sweden.
Place of jurisdiction is location of the Developer. The Developer, however, at its discretion, shall also be entitled to initiate legal proceedings in the jurisdiction where you are domiciled/have your registered address.
This License shall automatically terminate upon failure by you to comply with its terms.
You have accepted the terms set out in this License upon purchase/licensing and/or when the RE Product was made available to you. If you should have any queries concerning this License or wish to speak to the Developer about any matter, please contact the Developer at the address provided to you when the RE Product was made available to you and/or indicated in the documentation for the RE Product.
Last updated: 21 August 2019
Please note that other companies in the Reason Studios company group or third-party developers are responsible for data processing controlled outside of EU/EEA or in connection with RE Products and services. These companies may have their own privacy policies, which are generally available from the relevant websites for those products and services.
Data protection principles
All processing of personal data by Reason Studios group companies is conducted in accordance with the data protection principles as set out in data protection laws and regulations in Sweden, in particular Article 5 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, (hereafter referred to as the “GDPR”).
These principles are:
- Lawfulness – We only process your information when we have identified a lawful basis for the intended personal data processing pursuant to Article 6 of the GDPR. These are often referred to as the “conditions for processing”, for example contractual or legal obligation, legitimate interest or explicit consent.
- Fairness – We have made reasonable effort to ensure not to use your data in any unjustified way or in a manner which may have adverse effects on our users, as well as kept to minimum in order to provide users with qualitative products and services.
- Transparency – We have made our best efforts to provide you detailed information on Reason Studios´s use of your personal information. Our users and visitors are encouraged to contact us whenever they have questions or seek information about our privacy procedures.
Our policies and procedures are to our best efforts designed to ensure compliance with these principles.
1.COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Reason Studios may collect personal information about you in several different ways. Personal information, in this context, is any and all data relating to a natural person that can be used, directly or indirectly, to identify a natural person, (e.g. name, contact details, identification number, location data etc.).
Please take care when submitting personal information to us, in particular when completing free text fields, using Reason Studios products and/or services or other software related contents. Some of our services are automated and we may not recognise that you have accidentally provided us with incorrect or sensitive information.
Reason Studios´s processing of your personal information is conditioned predominantly on the basis of legal obligations under law, contractual obligation to provide you our products and services, and your legitimate interest of us providing you product and service information, updates, news on latest product developments and/or other information which may enhance your musical and sound experiences.
For more specific details and information on conditions to process related to your personal information, please contact us using the details given in the “Contact us” section below.
1.1.Information that you provide us or that is collected
You may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you are in contact with Reason Studios or use a Reason Studios product or service. For example:
- When you create a user account, purchase a product, register your product, download software or updates, or use a product or service, Reason Studios may collect a variety of information; including your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address and contact preferences. In order to improve our offer, we may also collect information regarding your use of the products and services, such as which features and devices you use in Reason, as well as information about your hardware and audio settings.
- When you return one of our products online, we may ask you to provide information such as your contact details and payment information.
- When you submit your contact details to participate in surveys or to receive marketing materials and promotions, we ask you for your name, age and contact details such as email address.
- When you interact with our user support centres, we may keep information about the interaction, including your name, the product(s) you purchased, the reason why you contacted us and the advice we gave you.
- When you use our online services, we may receive content that you choose to upload, such as product reviews, comments, photos and forum posts, or details of your interests and preferences that you choose to tell us about when, for example, selecting the services that you wish to receive.
- When you join one of our loyalty programs, we may collect information relating to your use of the loyalty program and the rewards that you claim.
- When you visit us at a public event, such as trade show or exhibition or participate in one of our surveys, competitions or prize draws, we may ask for information, such as your business card, name, contact details, interests and preferences.
Some of our online services, websites, and online-enabled products collect and provide us personal information about your use of them, including:
- Details of the online content viewed with and interact with, such as your browser software, which pages you view and which items you ‘clicked’ on or added to your shopping basket.
- Services, products or server logs, storing information about your use of our services, products or websites, such as your IP address, browser information (including HTTP user agent strings), HTTP client request information and the time and location of your activities, domain, device and application settings, errors and hardware activity.
- Information about your hardware’s physical location, geo-location service or application.
- Interests and preferences that you specify when setting up your browser, account, or other Internet enabled product or services.
1.2.Information we may collect from other sources
Reason Studios may also collect personal information from publicly available sources and third parties, including:>
- When purchasing our products or services, we may carry out credit and financial checks to ensure payment is not made fraudulently and that you have a suitable credit rating.
1.3.Information we may collect in relation to social networks
If you use any of Reason Studios´s social network applications, pages or plugins or you use one of our products or services that interacts with social networks, we may process personal information from your social network accounts, such as:
- If you log-in to one of our websites or services using your social network account, we may receive basic details from your social network profile, based on your social network account privacy settings, However, we may receive information such as your social network ID, name, profile picture, gender and geographic location. Depending on your social account permission settings, we may also grant us access to additional personal information from your social network profile.
- If you click on social network functions such as “likes”, “+1”, “tweet” or similar buttons in one of our websites or services, we may receive, record and profile your social network activity related to our products and services, depending on your social network privacy settings. Please take note that the content that you view may be posted to your social network profile or feeds. We may receive information about your further interactions with such posted content (e.g., if your contacts click on a link in the posted content), which we may associate with the details that we store about you.
1.4.How Reason Studios uses collected personal information
Reason Studios uses the personal information it collects:
- To communicate with you and to send you important product and service related notices, such as information about purchases, information on technical services issues, support, security announcements and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To operate and to improve its online and digital services, websites and its contents, as well as the products and how to enhance their user-friendliness.
- To provide you with the product or service you have requested or purchased, including checking that a payment is not made fraudulently.
- To provide user care, warranty, returns and other after sales services.
- To enhance our product and service quality and to educate our personnel to ensure quality, compliance and social responsibility.
- To seek your input and opinions on Reason Studios products and services, and to conduct surveys and collect user input about our products and services.
- To facilitate and process your searches, enquiries and requests for information when you contact us about our products and services.
- To process your employment requests and to consider employing you.
- To keep you informed about new products, software updates and upcoming events, as well as to provide you with newsletters and other sales and marketing communications.
- To monitor and enforce our user terms, policies and guidelines when you use Reason Studios products, services or contents, as well as to prevent and to mitigate the risk of fraudulent use of such material.
- To create anonymous, aggregated statistics about the use of our website, products, services and other programmes, which we may share with third parties and/or make available to the public.
- To develop and improve new and existing Reason Studios products and services, recommendations, advertisements and other communications and learn more about our user’s music and sound preferences in general.
You may at any time decide not to participate (opting-out) in our processing of your personal data by changing your Reason Studios account settings or receiving specific instructions by email. If so, please take note that such opting-out may impact and restrict your use of our products and services, or prevent us to provide you with the warranted level of product and service quality and functionality. Notwithstanding, your privacy is of uttermost importance to us.
1.5.Forums, blogs and Reason Studios´s online information sharing sources
Each time you create or reply to a post or thread on a Reason Studios website forum, blog, RSS or other information sharing sources, in addition to providing such online services, we may also record the forum, blog, RSS or information sharing source name and the time and date of your post or thread with your account details. We do this to better understand our users, to provide user tools and guidance and to select or tailor our products, services, marketing communications to reflect your use activity. We do not use the content of such posts or threads for any other additional purposes.
1.6.Interlinking collected information
We may link or combine the information that we collect from the different sources outlined above (including information received from our partners and third-party developers). Information may be linked via a unique identifier, such as a cookie, plugin or other account identifiers. Alternatively, we may decide to combine two or more databases into a single database of user information.
We may do this for your and/or our convenience (for example, to allow you to more easily register for a new product or services), to allow us to provide a more seamless user support whenever you contact us and to provide you with qualitative, personalised services, content, marketing and adverts.
1.7.Marketing communications and subscriptions
When you provide us with contact details, such as when you sign-up on our website, create an account or contact our user support centres, you may be given the opportunity to receiving newsletters, product information and other communications by email from Reason Studios. These communications may include, e.g. details about our latest products, services, or events (including upgrades and special offers in which you may be interested).
We may also use your information to personalise and to target more effectively our marketing communications.
You can change your marketing communication preferences at any time by:
- changing your account settings;
- follow the “unsubscribe” link or instructions provided to you (typically at the bottom of an email or in connection to the place on the website where the information is collected); and/or
- sending a written request to unsubscribe directly to our user support centres.
Please take note that we may occasionally send you important information about our products and services that you are using or have used (such as order confirmations, product safety announcements, product updates and service changes). These emails are not affected by your marketing communication preferences and/or subscriptions described above.
Subject to Reason Studios´s Terms of Service, you must be 16 years of age or older to subscribe and to use our products and services, however individuals under the age of 16 may utilise our products and services only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
Reason Studios considers a child to be anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly seek or collect personal information from or about children without the explicit consent of a parent or guardian.
If we become aware that personal information that has been submitted to us relates to a child without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will use reasonable efforts to:
- Delete that personal information from our files as soon as possible.
- Ensure, where deletion is not possible, that this personal information is not used further for any purpose, nor disclosed further to any third-party.
Any parent or guardian with queries and questions concerning personal data processing that may relate to their child should contact us by using the details provided in the “Contact us” section below.
2.SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1.Sharing your information with third parties
In general, Reason Studios does not sell, rent, share or otherwise disclose your personal information with third parties. Notwithstanding, in our endeavour to provide you with quality products and services, we may need to make certain exemptions to this general principle (in particular when information about you cannot be transferred in anonymous and/or in pseudonymised form).
- We may use third-party service providers to process information on our behalf for the purposes outlined above, e.g. to fulfil orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and emails, providing marketing, technical and support assistance, processing credit card payments, providing IT and cyber security services, providing fraud checking services and providing customer services etc.
- We may disclose and use information about you with our third-party Developers to process information for the purpose of ensuring product compatibility and interlinkage with Reason Studios products, modules and services to optimise your use of Reason Studios products and services.
- If you request or agree to receive information or newsletters from one of our business partners, we may provide that third-party with your details so that they can respond to your request.
For research and statistical purposes, we prepare anonymous, aggregate or generic data (including “generic” statistics) for a number of purposes outlined above. As we consider that you cannot reasonably be identified from this information, we may share it with any third-party (such as our partners, advertisers, industry bodies, the media and/or the general public). However, also in this we apply a restrictive approach in order to ensure a high level of security and safety.
Additionally, we may also use and/or disclose information about you to:
- government bodies and law enforcement agencies to prevent fraud, to comply with the law and to meet a reasonable request from such bodies;
- third parties (including professional advisors) to enforce or defend the legal rights of Reason Studios or a Reason Studios group company or the terms and conditions of our products and services; and
- third-party investors, and theirs and our professional advisors, in connection with a corporate governance event such as a merger, business acquisition, tax or insolvency situation.
Finally, a number of our online and website services allow you to upload or share messages, photos, video and other content and links with others and/or create a publicly accessible profile for your account. For example:
- The communities and forums area of our website, allows you to post comments (with your account name), which are visible to other users of that service.
- Other services allow you to share a link which if clicked on may allow the recipient to access your uploaded content.
You should not expect any information that you make available to others via Reason Studios´s online services to be kept private or confidential. Any information, contents or links that you may voluntarily share with others may be forwarded by the recipients to others. You should always exercise caution or discretion when using such online services, in particular when using social network applications.
2.2.Transfer of personal data outside of the EU/EEA
For more detailed information about international information transfers to our business partners, service providers and developers outside of the EU/EEA, please contact us using the details given in the “Contact us” section below.
3.1.How do we protect your information?
We have adopted and implemented a number of technical and administrative measures to protect your privacy from unauthorised access, use or alteration and unlawful destructions, including where appropriate the following steps:
- Using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details (SSL encryption is designed to make the data unreadable by anyone but Reason Studios).
- Limiting access rights to the information we collect about you (e.g., only those of our personnel who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access to process your information).
- Implementing physical, digital and procedural safeguards in line with relevant business standards and guidelines.
3.2.What you should do to help us in protecting your information?
As general best practice on the Internet, it is recommended that users take great care with their accounts, and follow vigilantly some general safety rules:
- Do not press a link that you do not expect to receive or not requested by us to press.
- Do not use simple, trivial, or versatilely used passwords when creating an account or using our products and services.
- Do not share your account information with any person claiming to represent Reason Studios. For support purposes, we only need you to provide us with the email address you used when creating your Reason Studios account.
- Do install anti-virus, anti-phishing or anti-malware software on the hardware when using our products and services.
- Always contact us if you are unsure or in doubt of a communication received from Reason Studios or a source claiming to be associated with us.
- Never use an unlicensed Reason Studios account fraudulently created to access our products and services.
Please see Reason Studios´s Terms of Service and End User License Agreement (EULA) for more information.
3.3.Cookies and other technologies
Reason Studios may use technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on Reason Studios´s website and services. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive through your web browser.
3.3.1.Cookies on Reason Studios´s websites
Reason Studios uses session cookies as well as persistent cookies on its websites. A session cookie is a temporary cookie which is erased when a session is ended, i.e. usually when you close your browser, while a persistent cookie is stored in one of your browsers subfolders until deleted manually or the set duration period of the persistent cookie expires.
3.3.2.Third-party cookies on Reason Studios´s websites
Reason Studios also uses third-party cookies. Third-party cookies may be necessary in order for third parties to provide its services to Reason Studios. Reason Studios uses third-party cookies such as _ga in order to access Google Analytics data, and km_ai in order to access Kissmetrics data.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your settings to decline cookies as well as delete existing cookies from your device if you prefer. If you choose to decline and/or delete cookies, you may not be able to use all features of Reason Studios´s websites or services that depend on cookies.
4.ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR RIGHTS
Reason Studios wishes to inform you that you, as a data subject, are entitled to exercise certain rights related to our processing of your information, e.g. you have the right:
- To request information on which personal data relating to you we collect, store, transfer or otherwise process, as well as for what purposes the information was processed and to whom it has been disclosed.
- To prevent us to process your information in a manner that is likely to cause damage or distress to you, or to process your information for direct marketing purposes.
- To be informed about the mechanics of automated decision-making processes that will significantly affect you.
- To seek compensation for any damages that you suffer by any contravention of our legal obligations under privacy and data protection laws applicable to us for processing your information.
- To call for action for us to rectify, block, erase, delete, or destroy inaccurate data that we process about you (including your legal right to be forgotten.
- To request the supervisory authority to assess whether we have processed your data in contravention of our legal obligations under privacy and data protection laws applicable to us.
- To request us to send you a copy of the information we store about you, and/or to have that data transmitted to another third-party.
- To object to any automated profiling that may occur without your knowledge or approval.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the details given in the “Contact us” section below.
If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us, simply access the settings pages in the "Your Account" section of our website and follow the instructions on how to subscribe. Alternatively, click the "unsubscribe" link in our communications (or as otherwise instructed). Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain email correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions, software updates and instructions.
Furthermore, please take note that a complete removal of your user account or your email address will result in you not being able to use our products or service.
To exercise choices regarding cookies set through our website, as well as other types of online tracking, see the “Cookies and other technologies” section above.
If you need further assistance or would like to make a comment, you can contact us:
- Via our online web form found on our support pages.
- By sending a mail to Reason Studios Aktiebolag, Hornsbruksgatan 23, SE-117 34 Stockholm, Sweden.
- By telephone: +46 8 556 08 400, (opening hours: 9.00 to 16.00, Monday to Friday).
Reason Studios Rewards Terms and Conditions
Version dated: 21 August 2019
Membership in Reason Studios Rewards (“the Program”) is established between you (“the Member”/”you”) and Reason Studios Aktiebolag, Hornsbruksgatan 23, SE-117 34 Stockholm, Sweden (hereinafter “Reason Studios”, “us” or “we”) and is governed by these membership terms (“Membership Terms”). Your membership is established by registering a profile on Reason Studios’s website and opting into the Program. The membership is personal, as are all rewards given within the Program which can be used only by you personally, unless specifically stated by Reason Studios. Only one membership account is permitted per person.
1.3. Membership in the Program is granted to one natural person per membership number, and only natural persons can become members. You must notify us in writing of any changes in your personal details that are not possible to change/add online.
1.4. Any breach of these Membership Terms or misuse of the membership, can lead to the membership being terminated immediately. Misuse may consist of illegal conduct, fraud or actions that are generally regarded as immoral or unethical. Upon such termination, all Reward Points earned but unused become null and void. Suspected criminal breach of these Membership Terms or any other committed criminal offense by the Member, may be reported to relevant authorities.
2. Program overview
2.1. The Program allows you to earn Reward Points (“Reward Points”) when (i) purchasing products in the Reason Studios Shop, (ii) registering selected products on Reason Studios’s website, and (iii) Joining the Program. Additional opportunities to earn Reward Points may apply, as Reason Studios expands the scope of the Program.
2.2. Members are able to check their Reward Points status by visiting the Rewards landing page. A member status overview will also be available on Reason Studios.se/rewards/.
3. Earning Rewards
3.1. Reward Points are earned by the Member making purchases of products from the Reason Studios Shop and from registering Reason software. You do not earn Reward Points for products that have been refunded. Reward Points may also be earned by performing selected activities as outlined from time to time by Reason Studios.
3.2. Reward Points earn rates are as set out in Appendix A and are subject to change without additional notice from Reason Studios. Current reward earn rates will be available on reasonstudios.com
3.3. Reward Points are issued once the payment transaction, registration or other eligible activity is irrevocably completed. In the case that a reward-eligible activity is refunded or reversed, the earned Rewards will also be reversed.
4. Using Reward Points
4.1. Members can exchange their Reward Points for monetary discount vouchers (“Vouchers”) via the Program’s web portal on Reason Studios’s website.
4.2. Members need to gain a certain amount of Reward Points before being entitled to exchange Reward Points for Vouchers, as set out in Appendix A.
4.3. Vouchers issued within the Program can be used as full or partial payments for purchases in the Reward Store section of the Reason Studios Shop only. Thus, Vouchers have no cash value. One Voucher only can be used per transaction.
4.4. You can use your Reward Points as soon as you have a sufficient amount of valid points and during a period of 12 months from when they were earned. After this deadline, the Reward Points become null and void. This means that Reward Points must be exchanged to Vouchers before the expiration of that period.
4.5. Vouchers are valid and can be used in the Reward Store during a period of sixty days from the date they were issued (“Issuance date”). This means that Vouchers become null and void and cannot be used in the Reward Store when more than sixty days have passed from Issuance date.
4.6. We reserve the right to determine if you earn Reward Points or not for products and services offered by us. The conditions under which you earn Reward Points are available on Reason Studios’s website.
5. Termination of membership
5.1. You can at any time request termination of your membership by contacting Reason Studios at help.reasonstudios.com. Once you have terminated your membership, you will no longer be able to earn or use your Reward Points. However, unused Vouchers will remain valid until 60 days have passed from Issuance date.
5.2. If you do not earn any Reward Points for 24 months, we have the right to terminate your membership without further notice provided that you have no valid useable Reward Points.
5.3. Reason Studios is entitled to terminate or replace the Program with one month’s notice. If the Program is terminated due to legislation, court orders, orders from public authorities or the like, the Program can be terminated immediately without notice and earned Reward Points will expire immediately without compensation of any kind.
5.4. You may not, wholly or partly, assign or otherwise dispose of your rights and/or obligations under these Membership Terms without our prior written consent.
5.5. To the extent permissible by local law or regulation, these Membership Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Swedish law. Both parties submit, to the extent permitted by local law or regulation, to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the district court of Stockholm to resolve any dispute that may arise out of these Membership Terms.
Reward Earn rates and Voucher Exchange Rules
1. Reward Earn Rates¨
- You earn 5 Reward Points by Joining the Reason Studios Rewards program which requires a Reason Studios account.
- You earn 20 Reward Points by registering Reason 11 or Reason 11 Upgrade once you have Joined the Rewards Program.
- For the amount you spend in the Reason Studios Shop, you will receive 5% back in Reward Points for every purchase you make in the Reason Studios shop.
- Eligible customers may also earn Reward Points through fulfilment of other activities, as set out by Reason Studios from time to time. Reward Points for these activities may vary, and will be presented by Reason Studios when the reward opportunity is introduced to the customer.
2. Voucher Exchange rules
Once you have redeemed you Reward Points for a Voucher, Vouchers can not be returned for Reward Points once they have been issued.
2.1 Once you have accumulated either 25 or 50 Reward Points, you can exchange your Reward Points for discount vouchers which can be applied in the Reason Studios Rewards Store.
- 25 Reward Points can be exchanged for a 25 USD/GBP/EUR/CAD discount voucher
- 50 Reward Points can be exchanged for a 50 USD/GBP/EUR/CAD discount voucher
2.2 Your discount voucher will be issued for the same currency that is displayed in the Rewards Store at the time the voucher is issued.
2.3. All vouchers that are applied to purchases in the Rewards Store must be used in full at the time of purchase.