Distillery is the F-22 Raptor of beat looper/stutter devices. Designed for both speed and precision, it still packs more punch than the average chainsaw to the face, and sports a slick cyan interface, which most people should find quite fetching.
Built on a robust granular engine, it features real-time beat (or note) looping, gating, time-stretching and pitch-shifting, all of which which can be played directly from the keyboard or programmed from Reason's sequencer.
Highly expressive yet laser precise, it can sound as subtle or lurid as you like. Imagine putting a robot frog into a 4D blender and turning it up to eleven. I would pity that frog.
Examples of Applications.
- Real-time, tempo-synced beat looping and repeating
- Real-time pitch-shifting, controlled via playing the notes on your MIDI keyboard
- Wild pitch-shift and tape-stop-like effects
- Ultra-fine granular time-stretching and tweaking
- Complete loop-mangling chaos, all easily playable from your MIDI keyboard
- Onboard envelope follower and stereo LFO for further insanity
- CV gate and pitch note input, allowing Distillery to be controlled via Reaon's Matrix pattern sequencer