The Compressor will even out the audio volume by lowering the volume when the signal is loud.
- Threshold - The threshold for when the compressor will start lowering the volume.
- Ratio - The ratio decides how much the compressor will reduce the audio volume. At
1:2, for example, the volume will be lowered until it is halfway between the input volume and the threshold.
- Attack - The attack time is the time it takes to lower the volume when the input volume is over the threshold.
- Release - The release time is the time it takes to return the volume to normal when the input volume is under the threshold.
- Mode - In RMS mode the compressor will measure the volume using the root mean square method, which gives an accurate measurement of audio power. In peak mode the compressor will follow the peaks in the audio waveform, which makes it more responsive to transients.
- Sidechain - Indicates if a sidechain input has been connected.
- Current Gain - Displays the compressor’s current attenuation.
- Makeup - The makeup gain will increase the volume of the output signal to compensate for
the loss in overall volume that the compressor causes.
The Kilohearts Toolbox
Compressor is one of the devices in the Kilohearts Toolbox bundle.
The Kilohearts Toolbox devices all do one thing each, and they do it well. The philosophy behind this is to give our customers access to the building blocks of sound design and from there you can combine them into really interesting effects. In fact, many more esoteric RE:s are basically a few of these effects combined.
If you own a few, or all the Kilohearts Toolbox devices be sure to check out Kilohearts Toolbox Refill, a big pack of diverse combinators exploring the possibilities of the toolbox.
Kilohearts aim to provide Reason users with a wide range of audio effects that all utilize a common form language and interaction model. This allows for a great user experience that is really valuable when working with with big projects.
Stack ‘em up!
We have taken a lot of care to make all Kilohearts Toolbox devices as lightweight as possible. This way you can combine many, many effects without taking up too much screen space, or CPU.
Get it cheap
The Kilohearts Toolbox is available as a bundle with a hefty discount. If you are thinking about buying Compressor, check out the Kilohearts Toolbox offer first!