The Phaser will filter the input signal, creating a series of moving peaks and troughs in the audio spectrum.
- Cutoff - Sets the cutoff of the filters in the phaser, moving the peaks and troughs in the audio spectrum.
- Rate - Adjusts the rate of modulation of the cutoff.
- Depth - Adjusts the depth of modulation of the cutoff.
- Order - A higher order setting will increase the order of the filters used by the phaser, creating a more pronounced effect with more peaks and troughs.
- Spread - Adds a phase offset for the cutoff modulation between the left and right channels, for a stereo widening effect.
- Mix - The dry/wet mix of this effect. A lower value will let some of the unmodified signal through.
The Kilohearts Toolbox
Phaser is one of the devices in the Kilohearts Toolbox bundle.
The Kilohearts Toolbox devices all do one thing each, and they do it well. The philosophy behind this is to give our customers access to the building blocks of sound design and from there you can combine them into really interesting effects. In fact, many more esoteric RE:s are basically a few of these effects combined.
If you own a few, or all the Kilohearts Toolbox devices be sure to check out Kilohearts Toolbox Refill, a big pack of diverse combinators exploring the possibilities of the toolbox.
Kilohearts aim to provide Reason users with a wide range of audio effects that all utilize a common form language and interaction model. This allows for a great user experience that is really valuable when working with with big projects.
Stack ‘em up!
We have taken a lot of care to make all Kilohearts Toolbox devices as lightweight as possible. This way you can combine many, many effects without taking up too much screen space, or CPU.
Get it cheap
The Kilohearts Toolbox is available as a bundle with a hefty discount. If you are thinking about buying Phaser, check out the Kilohearts Toolbox offer first!