New: Buy now. Pay later with Klarna Learn more
Presswerk is designed to be more than an emulation of a single hardware compressor. Although it starts with the warmth of classic hardware units, Presswerk adds features that are only possible in the digital realm. The result is a powerful compressor with a rich feature set and a very musical soul.
All the features you expect in a top compressor are on board: sidechaining (both internal and external), adjustable compression curve (soft knee, threshold, ratio), soft clipping, loudness maximising… Presswerk also excels at adding analogue colour to your audio via its dynamic saturation (pre or post) and the dual phase rotation (DPR) option.
Presswerk can handle a wide range of sound shaping tasks. Use all the controls in the main view to refine every nuance of your sound, or choose one of the six special views (Limiter, Bus, Easy, M/S Program, Vocal, Drum) for a more focussed and faster workflow.
- 3 different detection topologies
- Internal and external sidechaining
- M/S (Mid-Side) mode for stereo signal processing
- DPR (Dual Phase Rotation) option
- Soft clipping
- Saturation: to add analogue colour and character
- 6 special views
- Resizable UI
- MIDI learn page and editable list
- Global preferences page
- 32 & 64-bit VST2, VST3, AU, AAX
- Mac OS X, Windows, Linux (beta)
- VST2/VST3, AU, AAX (Pro Tool 10.3.7 or newer) host software
- Multicore CPU with SSE2 (Sandy Bridge architecture or newer recommended)
- 60MB free hard disk space
- 1GB RAM (more recommended)
- 1000 x 600px or larger screen
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
DEMO RESTRICTIONS: The Presswerk demo is fully functional, but plays a mild crackling sound at irregular intervals. The demo is unlocked with a serial number.