Satin takes you back to the golden age of magnetic tape recording. Whether it is about adding gentle saturation, gluing tracks together or purposefully overdriving sounds, nothing else quite sounds like tape. For years people have been drawn to this sound for both the “good” (saturation, transient smoothing, compression) as well as the “bad” (noise modulation, flutter, hiss). Satin puts it all in your hands.
Satin is a mix-and-match environment in which you construct your (im)perfect tape machine. Choose the elements you want: vintage or modern tape material, noise reduction encoder / decoder modes, tape circuitry EQ models. Make your tape machine sound factory fresh or worn from years of (ab)use: hiss, wow and flutter, crosstalk, bias are all tweakable options in the ‘service panel’.
No tape machine construction kit would be complete without offering tape delay and flanging. Switch to Delay mode for 2 or 4-head tape delay with feedback and individual LFO modulation. The Flange mode sets you up with the classic “jet effect”: Dramatic through-zero tape flanging, just like it was done back in the day using a pair of tape machines.
Users familiar with analogue recording should instantly feel at home with Satin, and digital aficionados will soon learn to love the magic of tape.
- Mix and match parts
- Control multiple instances from a single panel via the Group feature
- Internal sample rate up to 384kHz
- Continuously adjustable tape speed from 1.87 to 30ips
- Circuitry models: flat, IEC 7.5ips, ICE 15ips, NAB or AES 30ips
- Through-zero tape flanging
- Tape delay with 2 or 4 tape heads, multi-mono, cross or ping-pong
- Realistic bias, wow and flutter, hiss and asperity noise
- Control over repro head gap, bump and azimuth
- Resizable UI
- MIDI learn page and editable list
- Global preferences page
- 32 & 64-bit VST2, VST3, AU, AAX
- Mac OS X, Windows, Linux (beta)
- VST2/VST3, AU, AAX (Pro Tool 10.3.7 or newer) host software
- Multicore CPU with SSE2 (Sandy Bridge architecture or newer recommended)
- 60MB free hard disk space
- 1GB RAM (more recommended)
- 1000 x 600px or larger screen
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
DEMO RESTRICTIONS: The Satin demo is fully functional, but plays a mild crackling sound at irregular intervals. The demo is unlocked with a serial number. is unlocked with a serial number.