This download is available for owners of Reason 6.5 only - please do not redistribute.
Please note that the Reason sound banks are not included in this download.
A complete fix list is available here.
Reason 6/6.5 Factory & Orkester Soundbanks
Factory and Orkester soundbanks for Reason 6.5.3 users who do not have a disc.
Important note for Windows 8 users
If you are running Reason under Windows 8, we recommend that you update your Codemeter driver to version 4.50 or later:
- Install Reason.
- Go to http://www.codemeter.de/us/service/downloads.html
- Download the file “CodeMeter Runtime-Kit 4.50c for Windows”. Select the 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on whether you’re running the 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 8.
- Run the downloaded .exe file to install the Codemeter driver.
Installing your Reason update
Important for Mac users! If you have personal files, e.g. ReFills, song files and patches in your Reason application folder, then you must move them to another location before you install the upgrade, or they will be lost.
1. Move your Reason Sound Banks out of the way.
Reason requires the Reason 6 Factory Sound Bank and the Orkester Sound Bank. These must be located in the Reason application folder. If you already have these installed, it's easiest to move them to another folder before updating, and then move them back again afterwards.
2. We recommend that you uninstall your previous Reason version.
Windows users: Use the "Uninstall" function in the Control Panel.
Mac users: Manually delete the Reason folder.
Windows users: Extract all files from the downloaded zip archive. Then double click the "Install Reason.exe" installer.
Mac users: Open the disk image and drag the Reason folder to your Applications folder on your hard drive.
4. Put your Reason Sound Banks in place.
If you moved your sound banks in step 1, simply move them back into the Reason application folder again.
If you don't have the sound banks on your computer, you need to install them from your Reason 6 DVD. Launch Reason - the program will ask you to insert the DVD and then automatically copy the sound banks to your hard drive.