Analyze and Control your volume!
The pongasoft VAC-6 Volume Analyzer & Controller is a 2U FREE utility/effect that lets you analyze and control the peak volume of a signal.
Volume analyzer (peak levels)
2 different kinds of analyzer:
- an LCD screen shows the peak volume history as a bar graph (adjustable from 5s to 30s)
- 3 numeric displays show the peak volume as a value (in dB) which happened during 3 independent and adjustable measurement windows (from 20ms to 30s)
- display ok/soft clipping/hard clipping levels
- numeric displays visible when the device is folded
2 volume knobs lets you control the volume
- one can be used to set global level, the other for automation
- both can be fully automated
- visible when the device is folded
As an example, the device can be used before exporting your track for mastering and making sure that no levels exceed -6dB by setting the soft clipping level to -6dB: any value above this threshold will be represented as an orange bar/number.
- Simply connect the input and output sockets to your device (automatically routed in most cases)
- Use the Zoom Level knob to tweak the main LCD screen history size
- Use the Clipping Level knob to change the threshold for soft clipping level (default to -6dB)
- Use the Peak Level knobs to tweak each display window measurement size
- Use the Volume knobs to adjust the level of your signal (combined effect)
The 2 Volume knobs can be fully automated.
Check the documentation for more details.
- 1.0.0 - 2016/04/11: First release