Reason › Instruments & Effects Grain
Grain uses every sound you’ve already got to make every sound you’d ever want. There’s dust in the wind, sands in the hourglass… and now grains in your samples.
Granular synthesis takes an entirely unique approach to sound generation by splicing and dicing samples into tiny grains which can be rearranged, repeated, stretched, partialized, and reconstructed to form entirely new sounds no other synthesis technology can approach. For shimmering evolving pads, for experimental juggling and glitch effects, for mood-setting sound design, Grain is peerless. But much more than that, Grain is fun!
- Move through your sample however you want in the waveform display
- Four playback engines, from cutting-edge granular to Tape
- Four customizable Envelopes for creating movement
- Reroutable Effects for that final polish
- Take control of your sound with the Modulation Matrix